Joy, along with peace, direct and guide us as believers. The greater your relationship becomes with God and the more you choose to affirm Him, the more joy you receive.
These 10 scripture promises on how Joy will help you see the beauty in God’s work and bring you comfort.
1. Being a child of God means you receive joy. [Psalm 68:3] But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.
2. Gratitude for God’s gifts brings joy. [Psalm 126:3] The Lord has done great things for us and we are filled with joy.
3. All circumstances are worthy of joy. [James 1:2-3] Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
4. Keeping Jesus in your heart brings forth happiness (read as joy). [Matthew 5:3 AMP] Blessed [spiritually prosperous, happy, to be admired] are the poor in spirit[those devoid of spiritual arrogance, those who regard themselves as insignificant], for theirs is the kingdom of heaven [both now and forever].
5. Peacemakers receive joy. [Proverbs 12:20] Deceit is in the hearts of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy.
6. God’s gift of joy is unconditional and does not require works. [Romans 5:8] But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
7. Residing in the presence of God brings joy. [Psalm 16:11] You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
8. Obedience brings joy. [John 15:10-11] If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you…
9. There is no limit to the amount of joy we can receive. [Matthew 6:20] But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
10. Affirming God makes our joy complete. [1 John 1:4-6] and that your joy may be complete.
Joy, let it be your compass.